Sunday, February 27, 2011

THE MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR OF THE ARTIST - Stage 1


The potential artist & his sister Shannon
back in Alaska
1968



Mark & sister Shannon
Another backyard many years later

************
Born in Grafton, North Dakota, U.S.A, in 1966, Mark moved with his parents and sister to Alaska in 1968, looking for better opportunities. Mark found that Alaska´s darkness and isolation were not creatively inspiring and decided to start travelling. He vividly remembers the cold.

"The cold was never pleasurable for me. It was so much a part of my life and for the majority of every year. In Alaska, darkness is also a great part of the winter. The darkness and cold made me a very isolated child both physically and mentally. Memories of the cold are not good and made a huge impact on my personality and life. Most of my creativity and dreams were in my bedroom."

Mark may say Alaska wasn´t inspiring at the time but there is a canvas painted by him which reflects the way in which he turned around the wintry image of the past into a pleasantly colourful scene. Please, see Stage 2, will you?

************

No comments:

Post a Comment